Had knee replacement. Having burning tongue with sore throat and blisters. Having bitter taste in mouth. Need advise?

I had a knee replacement 3 years ago. I immediately started having a burning tongue with sore throat & little blisters on the roof of my mouth, I have gone to my ENT and he has done x-rays & a CT scan but nothing seems to change (mouth washes (Kool), lozenges, dry mouth sprays, etc) or alleviate this miserable feeling in my mouth & tongue. Occasionally I get a terrible bitter taste in my mouth, other times is it a very, very sweet taste and other times a very salty taste. I know I am allergic to tomato products & I steer clear of them. My dentist says it has something to do with menopause, my family doctor says it's a yeast & has been giving me meds for yeast. But again--nothing is getting rid of this painful tongue & mouth which has been going on for the last 3 years,
I take BP meds, cholesterol meds, blood thinner, & Cymbalta. Can you please help me?
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be glossitis .

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I see that you are suffering from tongue problems since 3 years which is a pretty long time . Since you have already been seen by dentist and your family doctor and have been treated accordingly there is less a possibility of other diagnosis.

One thing you can do is to take multivitamin B complex as their deficiency may lead to glossitis and aphthous ulcers which may lead to all these problems.Other advise would be to eliminate spicy and oily food for the time being from your diet .

If this does not help then you need to see an ENT specialist for detailed examination as physical examination will be required for diagnosing the exact cause.

Dr. Shruti