Had knee arthroscopic surgery done. Getting pain in hip and leg. Easy way to get cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi Dr. Christensen:

I was looking for to relief pain aroung my right hip with leg. It started two months ago the day after going to Sea World and carrying my 4 years old numerous times since he kept catching tantrums and I wanted to help him. He has autism so it is common to do this still at this age.

I thought it will go away with rest but on and off i wake up with it and today is getting intense as the day goes by since of course I have been walking in the house and working with the kids.

I had bursitis in my shoulder ten yrs ago , dont know if this could be the same. I also have had right knee arthroscopic surgery for tear in ligaments and one of them the inner anterior one was shredded so is missing a piece. this was seven yrs ago and i have also recenly gained 12 pounds in the last 4 months.
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The pain in your hip seems to be due to a muscular spasm. Sometimes such spasms may be persistent in case an adequate rest is not provided. The pain that you have can be relieved with mild pain killers and oral muscle relaxants like chlorzoxazone or thiocolchicoside. Doing a hot fomentation and applying a local analgesic gel over the area will also help in reducing the spasm.
In case the pain persists even after taking muscle relaxants, then MRI of the affected hip is recommended to detect any other XXXXXXX joint pathologies.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.