Had knee and shoulder replacement and suffering from severe pain, depression and Fibromyalgia. Could I ask a doctor?

would like to find pain doctor. my husband has chronic severe, constant pain, depression and chronic severe pain . Fybromyalgia. Would love to find pain doctor for him. We are new in the area. Please advise. Thanks

I want to find a doctor who would treat this conditions. My husband is 85 years old. He has fibromyalgia and all symptoms of it. Severe chronic fatigue , very severe constant pain and debilitating depression and luckily we found a very helpful psychiatrist but we are new in the area (Camarillo) and could not find a pain doctor who would help him. also we did not find a doctor who would
treat fybromaialgia .He also had his knee and right shoulder replacement has titanium support in his spine and neck, which all off it is making his life a hell.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rheumatologist is of good help now

Detailed Answer:

I suggest that you should find a Pain specialist for allaying the pain and then a Rheumatologist for management of the active disease, Fibromyalgia. Choose a pain specialist who has quick appointment. This helps your husband to be pain free till you find a good Rheumatologist. Once the Rheumatologist is finalized you can ask him to transfer all the patient records to his office from your previous doctor's office.

Since you are an elderly couple and Fibromyalgia requires frequent follow up with drug monitoring, I suggest you to pick one within 10 miles.

The following are my recommendations based on the reviews.
For pain medicine specialist:
1) Dr. XXXXXXX D. Wolfsohn, MD
Pain Medicine
1100 Paseo Camarillo, Camarillo, CA 0000
For appnt: (805) 356-3571

2) Dr. XXXXXXX Wood, MD
Pain Medicine
360 Mobil Ave Suite 200, Camarillo, CA 0000

For Rheumatology you have the following options.
1) Dr. XXXXXXX Gonzalez, MD
Geriatric Medicine, Rheumatology
3291 Loma Vista Rd, Ventura, CA 0000
For appnt at Ventura Medical Centre: (805) 652-6000

2) Dr. Diane C. Narhi, MD
Rheumatology, Geriatric Medicine
2925 Sycamore Dr Suite 304, Simi Valley, CA 0000
For appnt call: (805) 295-8873

3) Dr. Shao-Lee Lin, MD
2366 Watertown Ct, Thousand Oaks, CA 0000

Hope this information is of some value to you.