Had kidney stone removed and stent inserted. Have flomax and percocet. Guide?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I had a kidney stone removed and stent inserted with a string. Due to the holiday and an important business trip the doctor is having me and my wife remove it ourselves after three days. The only advice on how to do it was "slowly XXXXXXX Can you tell me what position is the right one when pulling it out, what if any pain killers would be appropriate? I have Flomax and Percocet. Any other advice would be appreciated. Thank you. XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX thank you for your query.
It should be removed by smooth, but steady and continuous pressure while pulling the thread till its end comes is about 20cm long. YOu can lay, penis should be relaxed and directed slightly down like during urination. This may be unpleasant,but is not painful usually. There may be some small amount of blood after removal but this is nothing significant. If there is resistance or pain, you should stop and visit urolgist.
If you have questions I llbe happy to help. WIsh you good XXXXXXX Regards