Had kidney stone, desire to urinate frequently, no painful urination, abdomen tightness. Done urine test. What is this?

Question
I had a small kidney stone one month ago. I have never seen it pass that I can be sure of but think I MAY HAVE IN THE FRST 3 DAYS FOLLOWING. Since then I have had the desire to urinate frequently. But I have this for years more or less as I had 5 children. I dont have any pain urinating just the pressure to do so is annoying and when I do pee the pressure seems to increase for a little while. No pain or discomfort other than this. I went to get a unrine test last week to see if I had a UTI. I did not but was given an anti biotic for 3 days. Its been 4 days late since I completed it and I am to call back as they wanted to see if the culture found or grew anything else and to determine an accurate anti biotic if necessary and I felt fine. But Tonight a very strong urge to pee , very little urine,but lots of pressure and it is consistent for the last 5 hours and annoying. no pain when I do a little pee. I have a tightening on my left side and in the left side of frt and across my lower abdomin. ANd a little uncomfortable when I lie on my side. The abdomin tightness is almost a gassy feeling but it is enough that lying on side doesnt work well. what is this ?
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 25 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As you have developed stone in kidney once, you are prone to develop it in future also. Thus you should drink water in sufficient quantity rgularly.

Some inflammation can be present on left side of your urinary bladder.

Examination and USG of lower abdomen is required for diagnosis.

You should consult your Urologist and get examination and USG done.

If culture & sensitivity report shows any infection, you should take antibiotic based on report and that can reduce infection/inflammation (PID)in the adjoining are of bladder.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Follow-up: Had kidney stone, desire to urinate frequently, no painful urination, abdomen tightness. Done urine test. What is this? 11 minutes later
Thank you. I have taken an anti biotic - a sulfa ingredient for 3 days. Do you think that is the correct one? Is it possible that it was not and it is inflamation which requires somethng different?

Also I have increased my water intake everyday. I live in a hot area.
I drink all that is comfortable however the pressure is greater with so much water!

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 9 minutes later

Welcome again,

Instead of sulfa drug, a combination of Norfloxacin/Ofloxacin and tinidazole twice daily with food, anti-inflammatory tablet and capsule of pre & probiotic, could have given better results.

As your C & S report will be available soon, your doctor will be in a better position to decide proper treatment.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma