Had kidney infection. Took half of cipro dosage. Suffer chills, headache and vomiting. What should I do?

I had a kidney infection 2 weeks ago. I only took 1/2 of the cipro dosage. Today I vomited once and have had chills and a headache. I don't know if the two are related or if I should just wait it out.
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 25 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that you had kidney infection 2 weeks ago , and during that time you only took half the cipro ( 250mg?) , and to day you had a vomiting episode , chills , headache , and you are 30 year old female.

Based on the description of your history , you are having Pyelonephritis ( kidney +ureter infection ).

The Hallmark of Pyelonephritis is chills with headache + vomiting.

Your previous lower urinary tract infection has spread upward , towards kidney , with chills , headache and vomiting.

Nothing to worry about , as Pyelonephritis is easily treated by , and injectable antibiotics for 2-3 days , then oral dose , for 1-2 weeks with water intake of 3-4 liters/day.

For all this you need to visit nearest ER.

Pyelonephritis is very common in female of your age , and is a common complaint in hospital outdoor.

Hope this helps.

Take care,