Had jaundice earlier, taken Cirrolive. Pain after drinking beer. Is it safe to drink beer now?

i had jaundice five months ago is it safe to drink beer know,
i had drinked one bottle beer after two months but at that time my liver started paining
my doctor gave a syrup named as cirrolive(ayurvedic product) know it is not paining
for three months i didnt drniked any type of alchol,can i drink it know would it be safe or liver will start paining,please give me answer i am waiting for it sir....
Posted Tue, 10 Jul 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 29 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I would say that you must avoid alcohol at this stage. The liver takes a while to heal after jaundice. Also, have a low fat and high protein diet and totally avoid all forms of medication and alcohol. Since you had jaundice at this age, I would like to know if any tests have been done for you. It would be great if you can upload the reports.
And as you have already quit alcohol, quit it for ever.
Awaiting your reply.
I hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.