Had itchy scabs on face, type of bacteria fungus. Used clotrimazole cream and have dark patches. Suggest?

Hi Doctor, and thank you for your help.
I believe I had 3 ringworms on my face, or either some type of bacteria fungus. I went to the barber shop and got my eye brows arch. And shorty afterwards I got 3 itchy scabs on my face. Two of them are right near my eyebrows and the other one is under my left eye. And I also used a makeup brush that I have been using for a couple of months. So I went to the pharmacy and brought some clotrimazole cream, and It still itches and I also have circular dark spots on my face that seem to not go away. I had a nurse practitioner look at it had and she suggested using the fungal cream.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later

Yes, Tinea Faciei a superficial dermatophyte fungal infection can cause similar itchy lesions. The usual presentation is an erythema(Redness) around the margin of the lesion. It can appears as a dark circle.

However since the lesions formed rapidly after trimming eyebrows, allergic dermatitis secondary to products used needs to be excluded too.

You can use the antifungal creams and see if it improves in a day or two. If it does you may need to continue for 6 weeks. If the symptoms worsen or if you don't find significant improvement, you need to consult a dermatologist for evaluation.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.
Follow-up: Had itchy scabs on face, type of bacteria fungus. Used clotrimazole cream and have dark patches. Suggest? 19 hours later

Thank you very much doctor for your reply. However I still don't understand why those embarrassing brown circles are on my face. There is nothing that looks red at all. And I used the cream for about a week straight.
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 3 hours later

Reddish margins is that the periphery of the lesion. Gradually it turns brown or black depending upon the complexion of the skin.

Use of one week of topical antifungal cream is not sufficient to get rid of it completely.

It may need 6 weeks to 6 months of treatment.