Had itchy rectum, prescribed loratidine with application of flutibact and candid cream. Symptoms returned. Suggest?

Hi i am a 52 year old male, with no diseases, allergies or chronic ailments. About a couple of months ago i had a slight itchy rectum problem and i consulted your web doctor who prescribed loratidine (LORFAST) tabs and local cream application of flutibact and candid cream mixed together for about 10days. the results were good and now after 2 months symptoms have returned and repeat cream application doesnt help. Can i take Albendazole tablet (ABD-400 ) to rule out worm infections? what dosage should i take? Alternately what do you recommend?
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Mebendazole and anti-hemorrhoid cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

I have gone through your query and as you have not recently been physically examined, I would first recommend a physical examination, especially because you are experienced a response to the given medication.

Yes, a de-worming course would help, but I would recommend mebendazole (chewable tablets, 100 mg one tablet a day) instead of albendazole; and the add-on therapy would include anti-hemorrhoid creams (containing hydrocortisone and lidocainne), to be applied locally twice daily. As hemorrhoids can also cause itching around the anus. But, I would again request you to do so under the supervision of a doctor.

Hope this helps you sir. Wishing you a rapid recovery and a healthy life thereafter.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Had itchy rectum, prescribed loratidine with application of flutibact and candid cream. Symptoms returned. Suggest? 11 hours later
Thanks doctor.....also the itching occurs for brief spells before a physical examination, i would like to try your many days should i take the Mebendazole tablet?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 7 minutes later
Hello once again .

All these medications are prescription drugs and can have some side effects in individuals taking the medication which is why I would sincerely request you to visit a doctor and get a prescription for him/her for the same. There are varied prescription dosage recommended in the form of 100mg to 500mg. The frequency varies based on the dosage. For a person whom I can follow up and monitor I suggest 500mg single dose. I definitely recommend to be under the supervision of a doctor.

Hope this helps.

Take care and god bless.