Ask a Urologist   »  

Had itching on penis and so pushed hard. Not had erection since long time. Help?

Jul 2016

As a younger man I would have unexplained erections. They were like a big itch so i would push very hard on my penis. I would hear popping/cracking sounds. I think that I damaged my penis. It has been about three years since I have had an erection.
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have problem in getting good hard erection since last 3 years.

You were indulged in vigorous masturbation and had doubt of your penis being injured whlile masturbating.

I shall be happy you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have Diabetes and Hypertension?
2) Do you have any urinary symptoms ?
3) Are you taking any medications.?
4) Have you noticed any bruising or swelling of the penis when you suspected your penis to be injured during masturbation?
The problem of erectile dysfunction you have has to be evaluated thoroughly .Please consult qualified urologist for clinical assessment and following investigations.
1) Blood tests to rule out Diabetes.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen
3) Blood tests to estimate serum testosterone levels.
4) Colour Doppler study of the penis with ultrasound scanning of the penis to rule out any damage to the penis and status of vasculature of penis
The further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests.

In the meanwhile you can try taking sildenafil (Viagra) and see whether it helps you in getting erection.Please get prescription of this drug from your family Physician.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.