Had isolated episode of diarrhea with red stringy clumps. Suffer constipation. On metamucil. What to do?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Today I had an isolated episode of diarrhea which had sesame seed looking objects and some red stringy clumps in it. I have been experiencing problems with constipation recently and started on some metamucil for a bit
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get stool examination and visit Gastroenterologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

I will advise you to visit a Gastroenterologist and get your stool examination as red stingy clumps may be blood also if you don't have eaten any such thing which can cause this discoloration

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.

Follow-up: Had isolated episode of diarrhea with red stringy clumps. Suffer constipation. On metamucil. What to do? 39 minutes later
could it be from tape worms?

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tapeworm is not red in colour

Detailed Answer:
Hello Thanks for feedback.Tapeworm is not red in colour as they don't suck blood. Wish you a good health