Had intercourse, took morning pill and had periods next day. After periods had sex, pregnant. Suggest paternity?

Question
I had intercourse on April 26th, and took a morning after pill plan B less than an hour after. I menstruated the next day 27 Regular . I had intercourse on the 8th through 12 th of may with my boyfriend . Is he the father of my baby?
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

From what I understand you had unprotected sexual intercourse on April 26th - followed with plan B - had your regular periods on 27th April. Sexual intercourse with your boy friend between 8th May to 12th May was unprotected. With these circumstances, it is likely that your boy friend is father of the child.

Plan B when taken within 72 hour of unprotected sexual intercourse is more than 99% successful in protecting you against pregnancy. Further regular periods on 27th April rules out pregnancy. Hence it is very likely the second intercourse between 8th and 12th May caused the pregnancy.

If there are any disputes, you can consider paternity testing to solve this dispute.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.