Had intercourse, penis pain, burning sensation at tip, discomfort while urinating, taken antibiotics. Is it an STD?

Dermatologist
Question
dear sirs,
I had intercourse with a thailandian girl on 14th march. from 19th march i am feeling a acute pain as if some wound or ulcer is there in my urinary tract(penis) at about 1" from the tip.
since last 11 days no relief is there but now pain at the upper part is also constantly felt.
moreover at the tip burning sen-session is felt. now going for urine discharge is also a difficult job. till now i had two courses of normal urine infection related antibiotics.
it seems it is not a simple urinary tract infection but may be STD(sexually transmitted deasies) .
there is no specialist in my town.
please guide me/prescribe me the correct treatment.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

To understand your problem better and to suggest you the best treatment I need you to answer the following questions

1. Did you use a condom?

2. Do you see any ulcer/wound on the penis head or shaft?

3. can you feel lumps in the groin?

4. is there any pus discharge from the penis?

5. what antibiotics and in what dose have you take so far?

Please reply to the above questions so that I can reach a diagnosis and will then suggest you accordingly.

In the meantime you may get your urine tested (routine microscopy and culture) and if possible a urethral swab (gram's stain and culture). This can be done at any lab.

Take syrup alkasol 3 Tsf 3-4 times daily and drink plenty of water.

Awaiting your response

Thanks