Had intercourse during period. Tool ipill. Any chances of pregnancy?

Hi..I had sex with my boyfriend on the 3rd day of my period..He used condom but during sex we dont know when it came out and by the time we were finished it was stuck on my vagina..he ejaculated also...I took the ipill after n hour..Are there any chances I will get pregnant..Please help!!!
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

As mentioned, you were in your period when you had sexual intercourse with your boyfriend. Along with this your boyfriend was using a condom.

It is highly impossible for a female to conceive during her periods, this in itself is a natural (although not full proof) form of birth control. In addition to the periods and condom, you have also taken the ipill. Which all make the chances of pregnancy slim to nothing.

But, it is always best to test and confirm. You could do this by using the home pregnancy test (HPT). The best time to use this would be 2 weeks after your sexual contact. An early morning urine sample is considered for best results as it is most concentrated. I would also advise repeating this test 2-3 times as it can sometimes report a false-negative result.

But, in my opinion, you should be safe. I hope you found my response helpful and informative. Do write back to me for any further assistance, I would be happy to help you.

Best wishes.