Had intercourse during ovulation. What are the chances of getting pregnant?

Question
could i b pregnanti had three intercourses in a week 1 been close to ovulation and 1 been wen the opk was positive my lmp is 21.1.13 is there chance i can be pregnant or not
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 27 minutes later

Assuming that there are no infertility issues ,there are good chances of you getting pregnant, if you had unprotected sex around your ovulation period.

You can get a urine pregnancy test and sonography done after you miss your next expected period.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards.

Follow-up: Had intercourse during ovulation. What are the chances of getting pregnant? 9 minutes later
when is the earliest i do a test and we had it on the day the opk was positive in the woman on top position

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 minutes later
You can test a week after you miss the expected period and if needed repeat it after a week .Sonography can be done after say six weeks from your LMP.

Regards.

Follow-up: Had intercourse during ovulation. What are the chances of getting pregnant? 7 minutes later
my previous pregnancy i found out 6 days before period was due n was positive wat is percentage rate of chance of being pregnant and we had it in woman on top position wen opk was positive.... thanks for advice

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 38 minutes later
Tests depend on the hormone levels.So I have mentioned more appropriate time to undertake tests when hormones are more likely to be in detectable range.Early tests can be falsely negative.So you can test before the period and if its negative then repeat test to be doubly sure.

It's difficult to say percentage in individual case, but in view of details there are high chances of getting pregnant in your case.

Though sex position are thought to contribute in conception, I think OPK positive is more important factor to be considered.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards.