Had intercourse after period. Took contraceptive pill. Is there any chances of pregnancy?

me n my girlfriend had on 27 XXXXXXX 13 and her period was over on 26 XXXXXXX she took. contrasepctive pil and had period on 8 feb. since then she did nt had there any chance pregnency as she did nt had period on 8 march
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 35 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your questions.

From what you are saying, I will re-summarize:
1. Her period ended on 1/26
2. You had intercourse on 1/27
3. She took emergency contraception after 1/27 intercourse
4. She got a period on 2/8
5. She is supposedly late for her next period

It has been between 4 and 5 weeks since the start of her last period. This is not an abnormal interval between cycles, so it might just be that she is getting her cycle slightly later this month. Regardless, she needs to check a pregnancy test now and this needs to be repeated weekly until she gets her period. I think that the chance of pregnancy is extremely small.

I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions.