Ask a Urologist   »  

Had intercourse. Started pain in testicle after urination. Chances of STD? Is it curable?

Hi. I just started having pain in right testicle after urination. No other symptoms. About 3 or 4 times but I did not feel pain the last time i urinated. I had sex about 30 hours prior to this pain. I have not had an orgasm (on purpose) 20 days prior to that. Is this std? What do I need to do or watch for? Is it curable? Temporary? Can I still have sex? Thanks
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 17 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

Your symptoms are not specific for one particular cause. Few possibilities which can cause such symptoms are bacterial infection, partial torsion or just rough handling.

This doesn't look like STD.

You can get a clinical evaluation and sonography of scrotum done. Watch for symptoms like scrotal swelling, inflammation, fever and sudden increase in pain.

This is curable.

You can limit sex activities till you see your doctor.

Hope this answers your question.