Had intercourse. Pregnancy test showed positive. Medicine to terminate pregnancy?

Question
i had sex before 15days. i had a check up with pregnancy tester two days back it shows positive and till i did not get my periods. Im not in a situation to give birth to a baby now so what tablet should I have to bring it out. Please do clear my doubt..
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 18 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Mifepristone and Misoprostal are available for this purpose.

You should consult a Gynecologist for confirmation of pregnancy and prescription of drugs and supervision.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Had intercourse. Pregnancy test showed positive. Medicine to terminate pregnancy? 15 minutes later
Thanks a lot Doctor.

Will i get this tablet without any prescription or should i consult a Dr and get prescription for the tablet.

Will there be any side effects if I take this tablet?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 35 minutes later

Welcome again,

You should take these tablets after consulting a Gynecologist.

In emergency you may require her help.

During abortion you will feel pain.

Sometimes bleeding can be heavy.

If you are suffering with any disease, or taking any medicine, should covey to your Gynecologist before starting treatment.

With good wishes,

Within how many days I should have the pill?

If i have this tablet will I be cured fully?

Once after the next intercourse only i will be pregnant or without intercourse will I be pregnant??

Im planning for a one year gap for a pregnancy time to happen so within that i should not be pregnant is that possible because i'm doing my PG final year so please try to help me.

There are two methods of having the tablet may I know which is best... through vagina or lingua??

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 59 minutes later

Welcome again,

In market combo-packs are available, which contains tablet of Mifepristone-200mg and caplets of Misoprostol-200mcg.

This can be taken up to 49 days, but abortion should not be delayed.

First Mifepristone is given in a single dose of 600mg and Misoprostol is given in the dose of 400mcg after 2 days.

Failure rate is up to 10%.

Abortion is generally complete. If bleeding continues contact your Gynecologist as early as possible.

Normally you can conceive through intercourse only.

After abortion you should use contraceptive like condom or pills for one year.

Mifepristone is to be taken orally only, while Misoprostol can be taken orally or can be used vaginally.

With vaginal route absorption is better and side effects like nausea, vomiting and diarrhea are less, but chances of vaginal infection increases.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Had intercourse. Pregnancy test showed positive. Medicine to terminate pregnancy? 1 hour later
Hi Sir,

Thanks a lot sir..

For clearing my issues.

Can I take the tablets Orally.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome again,

Yes, you can take it orally, but as I have told you earlier, you should take it under supervision of your Gynecologist, so that you can contact her in emergency.

If you require further clarification, I will be glad to clarify it. If you don't require, can accept answer by closing discussion & rating it as per your satisfaction. Thank you,

With good wishes,