Had intercourse. Now having irritation on clitoris while urinating. How to get rid of this?

Question
Hi, I just had sex with my bf yesterday and today when I went to pee I noticed my clit irritating , after I pee I feel like I need to pee again and again just little by little. It just so irritating I also try putting a ice pack on my clit. It's there anything I could do to get rid of this infection ?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX

As you already stated you had a genital infection and as you had it after having sexual intercourse then it is referred as sexually transmitted infection. the urge to have urine again and again is called urgency and hesitation.

For pain relief you can use diclofenic sodium 50 mg twice daily which is on the counter drug, however to get rid of infection you have to use antibiotics and the choice of antibiotics depends upon the type of infection.

It is recommended to have screening for all STDs and especially have urine complete analysis which if showed infection, then should go for culture and sensitivity to find out the infectious agent and the effective antibiotic against it.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Had intercourse. Now having irritation on clitoris while urinating. How to get rid of this? 44 hours later
I took cranberry pill over the counter and I keep on drinking a lot of water, will it help? Or I need to go for check up?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 15 hours later
Thanks for the reply

The cranberries have a very good effect on such sort of infections as well increased fluid intake. you can wait and observe for a day or two but if the symptoms do not improve then you should screen for STDs.

Thanks