Had intercourse. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Took mifegest 200 mg. Worrisome

Question last period was 29th of XXXXXXX i had sex on 15th of july.i got my first urine test on 6th and the report was negative.i got my second urine test on 10th.and the report was negative.then i took one mifegest tab 200mg.yesterday at 4pm.till nw i am not having my periods.plz advise.
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Mifegest tablets are not likely to induce a normal period bleeding in the absence of a pregnancy. Mifegest is taken to induce a medical abortion.
Your periods are overdue with a negative pregnancy test. This seems to be due to a hormonal imbalance.
You need to consult your gynecologist for progesterone tablets so that a withdrawal bleeding can be induced. Please do not self medicate yourself as it can be XXXXXXX for your health.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.