Had intercourse. Missed taking birth control pills. Should I be worried?

I have started my period one week earlly.
I have been on the same bc for the past 4 years and have missed taking a pill on Tuesday, meaning I had to take 2 on wednesday. The last time I had sex was on Saturday night/Sunday morning. When reading the forms it seems that is happens to a lot of people... Should I be worried? I have missed taking the pill before and this never happen...
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Forgetting a single pill during the cycle does not pose you at a high risk of pregnancy.
Since you took two pills on Wednesday, there is nothing to worry now. You are protected against pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had intercourse. Missed taking birth control pills. Should I be worried? 57 minutes later
So the early period could just be break through bleeding, because of missing the XXXXXXX pehaps? Or some time these things happen? My periods are always right on time you see.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 37 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The early period you had sometimes happen even when you are taking pills regularly. It is not worrisome and does not indicate a pregnancy. Breakthrough bleeding is not likely if you took two pills on the next day.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.