Had intercourse. Feeling dizzy, loss of appetite with sore and swollen breast. HPT negative. Pregnant?

Mar 2016

hi..I had last period on dec. 13th...I had sex on the 24th of dec. and the 1st of XXXXXXX Got a strong cramp on the 3rd or 4th of XXXXXXX ..I had breast soreness n swelling, but soreness is subsiding. I get dizzy, loss of appitiate, loss 8 lbs, still no period, and home pregnancy tests have been negative. I had cramps yesterday as if my period was starting but that lasted a few minutes now cramps are gone. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. S Patra 54 minutes later

I have gone through your history in detail. Accordingly your last Period was on December 13th and you next period is due date around 10-12th January (if the previous cycle are regular). Ovulation occurs approx 14 days before the due date of next period and in your case this could be around 28-30th of December.

As you involved in sexual intercourse (which I assume was not protected) on 24th December and the 1st January which can be classified as unsafe / fertile period, there are high chance of being pregnant.

Early pregnancy test may get negative. Therefore you may wait for upcoming period and if they don't occur in the next 7 days then you may repeat the pregnancy test (urine home test or blood test for B-hcg) to exclude/confirm pregnancy.

Other reasons such as hormonal imbalance, irregular eating habit, stress/anxiety, ovarian cyst, thyroid problem, psychological factors, over weight or extreme loss (You lost 8 lbs), etc., that can be considered here if pregnancy is ruled out.

In the mean time,you do following things:
1)Avoid stress by yoga/deep breathing regularly
2)Take healthy diet with vitamin & protein supplements
3)Drink plenty of fluids/water and eat leafy vegetables
4)Take certain medication like Prime XXXXXXX capsule and wear tight breast support to get relief of breast discomfort.
6)Maintain personal hygiene and need proper sleeping.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health.