Had intercourse. Can I get pregnant while waiting for hcg levels to come down to zero?

Hi If you are waiting for your hcg levels to come down to zero (125) and you have sex can you get pregnant? Should I get a Plan B and will that effect my hcg levels. Also I had an ectopic pregnancy so I received two injections (same day-Aug 24) to dissolve the pregnancy. It's almost a month and my hcg levels are most likely around the 100s-50s (I'm guessing) they were 250 last Friday. I haven't receive the results yet from yesterday's test. But, had unprotected sex. Should I get a morning after pill?
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 30 minutes later
Yes, you can be pregnant in spite of high beta-HCG level.
However there will be difficulty in interpretation that you are having high HCG level due to pregnancy or due to previous ectopic.
So it is better that you should take morning after pill & it will not effect your HCG level also.
you should be fully aware till your HCG level comes to Zero or < 5, then you can plan for pregnancy.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.

Dr.Monika Choudhary