Had injury in genital area. Noticed swelling in penis and testicle. Is this serious?

Hi, I had an injury in my genital area a few years back. I had swelling of the penis and the testicles. Now, when I have an erection, I don't always have feeling in the tip of my penis. I sometimes have pain in that area as well. Could you tell me if this sounds serious or if it is just something that I am going to have to live with? Thank you.
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I think that this is not a serious problem.

Due to injury of the penis, inflammation occurs.

The nerve plexus which supply the penis might be injured at that time. Probably the nerve was partially injured. So, only the tip of the penis is affected.

As a result altered sensation develops. Sometimes poor sensation & sometimes painful sensation.

It is better for you to consult with a doctor & get examined.

I hope I have been some help of your query.

Please write if you have any doubt.