Had injections to relieve back pain. Suffer lack of energy. Result of drugs?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
On Sept 7th last i had injections to relieve lower back pain caused by vascular degeneration, lateral recess impingement and nerve root pain. I was given an mri scan to diagnose full bllod counts and U&E's are within normal limits no diabetes no bowel or bladder problems other than getting up to the loo once or twice once awoken with pain. The first week I was encouraged by the result certainly a reduction in pain, however since last friday I have experienced an increase in pain, but not to levels prior to the injections. My main worry is the absolute debilitating lack of energy and very slight temperature. I feel totally listless and miserable, is this as a result of the injected drugs
and will it wear off eventually?
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be an infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
At this stage after your injection, I would expect you to be feeling an all round improvement. Your symptoms of a temperature and lack of energy may indicate an infection. This may be at the injection site or elsewhere. If there is an infection at the injection site, you would notice pain and redness in this area. If you have an infection elsewhere, any additional symptoms would depend on the site of the infection.
I would suggest that you take pain killers for the discomfort and if you are still unwell in 24 hours to see your doctor for further investigation.
I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,