Had injected meth in arms. Noticed upper lip swelling. Should I take benadryl and nurofen?

General Surgeon
injected meth in my arms at a party and now my upper lip is swollen. I have g6pd. Should I take benadryl and nurofen? Don't want to visit a doctor.
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It seems an allergic manifestation

Detailed Answer:

As per your description, you have developed swelling upper lip after taking meth. It can be due to allergy and not related to G6PD.

I usually use steroid like dexamethasone along with antihistamine tablet in my patient with similar complaints. If the swelling is worsening and if you develop itching, you can visit your doctor and get a prescription.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.

Wish you speedy recovery