Had inguinal hernia surgery. Having lower back pain and cramping feeling near the incison site. Any thoughts?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
It's been 2 months since inguinal hernia surgery. In the last week I've had some pain and a cramping feeling near the incison site. It also feels as if a vein near my groin is swollen and I have lower back pain
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
A pain and cramping feeling near the scar line can be due to a local skin infection near the scar or a keloid formation. A direct examination of the area for exact diagnosis. Doing a hot fomentation might help in reducing the symptoms. Systemic antibiotics and back pain is not likely to be associated with the scar infection.
It happens most commonly due to myofascial syndromes due to a wrong body posture. Adequate rest, pain killers, hot fomentation , Back strengthening exercises and improvising your posture will be helpful.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.