Had infrequent bouts of scleritis. Resolved by prednisone taper. Suspected Ankylosing Spondylitis. Guide?

For several years I have had infrequent bouts of scleritis that were resolved by a prednisone taper. More recently, in the past year this has happened four or five times and now to get relief I have to start with 100mg of pred!! My eye doctor wanted me to go to a rheumatologist to find out why this is happening and if I could take something to prevent this inflammation.

The doctor first suspected Ankylosing Spondylitis. I seem to have very many of the symptoms but the tests don't strongly support that diagnosis. Now he is thinking I might have something called DISH and also is testing for Lupus (which I tested negative for in the past). I was hoping some of the doctors on this site might have some ideas to contribute based on my profile. According to tests the inflammation and prednisone are beginning to affect my vision although I don't notice the changes yet.
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can be suffering from seronegative Spa

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would suggest you that there is a possibilty that you can be suffering from seronegative spondyloarthropathy .

History of having crohns disease , recurrent scleritis , achilles tendinitis with low back pain strongly point towards the diagnosis . For this you need to get HLB27 , MRI Pevis , ESR , CRP etc done . Less likely to be lupus but still an XXXXXXX is advisable as most autoimmune disease can have some kind of overlap .

You also need to get your Anti - TPO , and Anti thyroglobulin antibody tested for your thyroid problem.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti