Had infection in jaw that went with antibiotics. Lip and chin are tingly and numb. Underlying cause?

I recently had an infection in my jaw that went away with antibiotics. The jury is still out as to whether or not I need a root canal. However, even though the pain is gone, lip and chin on lower left side are tingly and numb. I'm terrified that I might have cancer. No one seems to be able to diagnose it.
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chances of cancer very low

Detailed Answer:

The above statement is suggested as if there is cancer there will be other symptoms too associated with it. As our age increases our immune system will become dull and there will be high chances of recurrent infections.Proper evaluation for this is necessary and proper antibiotic treatment is also needed.

Hope this information helps you. Wish you a good health.
Thank you.