Had incision below knee for heart bypass surgery and has not healed. Can skin glue causes infection?

Can skin glue used to close a wound cause an allergic reaction or infection? I have an incision of approx. one inch on my inner right leg just below the knee that was used to retrieve a vein for heart bypass surgery that occured 2 months ago. It has not healed yet. It has been shown to several of my physicians and they said it was not infected and to keep an eye on it. Well I finally got antibiotics from my dermatologist who says it is infected. Could the skin glue have caused this not to heal like it should?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please read a detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Skin glue can cause allergic or irritant reaction both.
Firstly it has to be seen whether the incision site has developed infection or has developed an irritant or allergic reaction.
An infection at the site would lead to swelling, pain,redness, oozing of pus and a gaping wound.
an irritant reaction at the site would manifest immediately in few hours to one to two days as redness, itching, small watery blisters around the site etc. An allergic reaction due to glue can have a similar presentation at incision site with development of itchy red lesions at other body areas too. It takes weeks to month to develop.

An infection would require warm water compresses, oral and topical antibiotic.
An irritant or allergic reaction would require warm water compresses, application of topical steroid antibiotic cream , oral cetirizine and in severe cases oral steroids.

I would appreciate if you could attach image of the concerned lesion as it would help me putting forth my probable diagnosis.
Hope that helped.