Had implantation bleeding. How many days will it take to get a positive result in pregnancy test?

Mar 2016

after implantation bleeding,it takes how many days to get positive pregnancy test?? n when should test be taken?
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

1) Following implantation bleeding, pregnancy test gives positive result within 5 to 7 days in most cases. So, you undergo home pregnancy test after 7 days for effective result.

2) Most home pregnancy test gives 95% positive result when it is tested two weeks after ovulation or around missed due date. 96 to 99% positive result is achieved when pregnancy test is done after one week of missed due date.

Additionally, blood test for beta-hCG may be required to confirm the pregnancy.

Hope, above information is helpful to you. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
Follow-up: Had implantation bleeding. How many days will it take to get a positive result in pregnancy test? 35 minutes later
thank u doctor..I think I should wait 4,5 days,then do test ...
Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for response.

Yes, you do home pregnancy test after 5 to 7 days. Early test is less significant and you may get false negative result.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion.

Good luck.

Dr Soumen