Had implanon inserted. Joint pain due to withdrawal from steroids. Can the pain be due to Implanon?

hi my name is XXXXXXX i had the implanon nxt incerted in to my left arm about six weeks ago at around the same time i started having a lot of pain in my joints, i stopped taking a large amount of steroids around the same time for kidney failure and was told that these pains were a withdrawl from the steroids, as there any chance these pains can be from the implanon nxt, thanks as they still persist i have just returned back to work as a health care assistant and i am finding it difficult to walk and i am getting severe pain up my to legs
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
These side effects are not because of implanon .
Implanon nxt is a contraceptI've implant which contains hormone Progestogen.
The pain must be due to sudden withdrawal of large doses of steroids.
Whenever a person is consuming large doses of steroids,he or she should withdraw it in a gradual fashion under the advise of the doctor.
I hope I have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck