Had ileostomy. Put on convex system. Assura system does not stick. Use coloplast protective sheets. Suggest brand the adhere better to body?

I had an illeostomy for 7 years. The first 5 years my Assura 0000 one piece extended wear baseplates lasted about 5 days. About 1 1/2 years ago assura baseplates would not stick. I went to the stoma specialists and stanford hospital and they put a convex system on me and they also did not stick. Now, I have been changing my pouch 7 times per day. The Assura system does not stick at all. I also had a change of site and the pouches still do not stick. I have used the Adapt barrier rings with no success and also use coloplast protective sheets I cut to size - but they no longer work. It appears nothing stays on. I asked coloplast if they changed they glue compaound 2 years ago and they said no. Please give me a brand that may adhere better to my skin. My stoma heals quickly but I do get sore from so many changes. The bags come off too easily and the leak forms around the bottom of my stoma. My stoma protudes out about 1/2 inch which appears adequate. I do not use stoma powder or wipes because it makes the adhesive less effective. I have used coloplast supplies both 1 piece and convex which both do not work. I am thin with no large rolls of skin
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query,

I can appreciate that you are dealing with a frustrating situation.

While I cannot recommend a brand name in particular I can tell you I have received positive feedback from patients who have used Sur Fit duradhesive moldable wafer. You could perform a search to see if there is a local supplier or if there is an equivalent warehouse online that might be able to provide you with this as an option.

I hope this serves as a good starting point for you as you search for a solution that will provide you with appropriate comfort. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr. Galamaga