Had hysterectomy with removal of cervix and had dysplasia. Have increased urination and pink discharge with itching

I had a hysterectomy nine months ago with removal of cervix as well. Previous to that I had high grade dysplasia. Biopsies showed no problem and I had a hysterectomy for other reasons. My uterus was sent away and came back clear. Over the last few days I've had increased urination and light pink discharge when I wipe. I do have some itching and an occasional unpleasant smell. Any ideas?
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 25 minutes later

Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

I can understand your concern.

Its good that you underwent total hysterectomy with cervix removal, as the chances of malignancy after high grade dysplasia was high. As your histopathology was normal, I feel there is nothing to worry.

Your urinary complaints could be due to speculum examination and check if any problem with your vagina/ any urethral discharge. Urine microscopy examination is also helpful to rule out urinary infection.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile