Had hysterectomy, uterus and both ovaries removed. Started Premarin after mood swings, high BP and muscle loss

Hi, I had a hysterectomy last October, uterus and both ovaries removed. Started Premarin after mood swings, high blood pressure. Doing well with that, but so discouraged with the loss of muscle tone in my skin and the layer of fat that seems to be everywhere, I weigh 125 and am 5'3". I work out 2 - 3 times per week. Is there anything to do to stop that yucky layer of fat that seems to be right under my skin no matter what I do>
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The weight gain and the extra fat layer that you are having is likely to be due to the hormonal tablets that you are taking.
This is usually seen more in the first few months and then it gradually levels off. You can also discuss the alternative options like phytoestrogens with your gynecologist if the post menopausal symptoms are not very severe. These are the natural supplements which take care of the mild post menopausal symptoms.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.