Had hysterectomy, everything removed except ovary. Gained weight, blood test normal. FSH is 130. How to loose weight?

May 2013
I had a hysterectomy 1 and half year ago. The dr removed everything but my right ovary. Ever since than, I have not felt like myself. myself. I have gain 17 lbs, I'm tired all the time. I'm losing my hair. I had blood work done 3 months ago, I had my fsh tested and it was 130. Dr told me it's. Normal because of the other two test was normal, I've tried toose weight and I can't no matter what I do. I'm only 38 years old...
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 25 minutes later

Usually when the ovaries are retained after hysterectomy, they will continue their function till few years and produce hormones.
But as your FSH level is very high it is indicating hormonal imbalance.
So your symptoms could be due to this.
Now, you once go for:
-Thyroid profile
-Blood sugar, hemoglobin
If these are all normal, better to go for Take care.
Follow-up: Had hysterectomy, everything removed except ovary. Gained weight, blood test normal. FSH is 130. How to loose weight? 8 hours later
Thank you. I had all kinds of blood work done and according to my dr my results are within the normal range. I do exercise. I do 30 mins cardio 4 times a week and I watch my. Calories intake and I still can not lose the weight. Before the surgery I weighed 135 now I weigh 151. If my hormone is of balance could that be the reason why I feel the way I do and can not lose the weight?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later

Hormonal imbalance especially during perimenopausal age group can lead to tiredness, night sweats, mood changes etc.
If your weight is in normal range for your height no need to worry.
Hormonal imbalance alone may not lead to weight gain but it can act along with other factors.
More details: WWW.WWWW.WW According to your FSH levels Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.