Had hysterectomy done for cervical cancer. Noticed grapes like clusters on vagina. Genital warts?

In the opening of my vagina I have what look like a cluster of grapes or 3 or 4 skin tags. I had a hysterectomy in 02 for cervical cancer. Could this be genital warts that are just now appearing or I heard it could be some type of mole. Was curious what it was and if it was contagious
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Welcome and thanks for the query

Grapes like clusters after the history of cervical cancer and hysterectomy can be due to HPV or warts or metastasis.Please show it to gynae oncologist as there are certain investigations done by them like p16 and other DNA tests.Histopathology of these structures is required.They can be contagious also.I would like to know the stage of cancer for which the operation was done and if any kind of radiotherapy was given.

Best wishes
Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Had hysterectomy done for cervical cancer. Noticed grapes like clusters on vagina. Genital warts? 8 hours later
The stage of cancer was IV. Radiotherapy was not given as when they removed some lymph nodes, they found that the cancer had not reached my lymph nodes so I didn't have to have radiotherapy. Can they be removed?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 12 hours later

Welcome once again

As it was stage four so please get all the investigations repeated like CT scan , MRI and tumour markers under an oncologist's guidance.

Best wishes