Had hysterectomy done. Having severe pain. Ultrasound normal. Any complication?

Question
Hi have hadv3 c sections 16 yrs later had hysterectomy due to ado oasis in the womb plus adesions I'm now 1 year on I,m having pain again had an ultrasound nothing showed up they left my ovaries in don't know whajt to d
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 22 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the question,
The most probable cause of the shall be post surgical pain and adhesions. This is a common complaint in patients who have a series of abdominal surgeries. Endoscopy is usually important in breaking these adhesions, reducing the pain and actually making a diagnosis, in case adhesions are not at the origin of the pain.
Meetings a gynecologist with an experience in endoscopic procedures is the best thing to do.
Thanks and hope this helps. I predisposed to give further ideas if need be.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Had hysterectomy done. Having severe pain. Ultrasound normal. Any complication? 21 hours later
Can a ultrasound pick up probs such as adesions and can ovaries XXXXXXX after hysterectomy got pain left and right

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 25 minutes later
Hi and thanks for your question,
it is very difficult to visualize adhesion using an ultrasound. However, it can give some very indirect signs of adhesions, but is not applied for that goal. The main exam used in diagnosing and treating adhesions is endoscopy.
Certainly, saying ovaries dying after hysterectomy, the answer is an absolute no. The hormones produced by the ovaries affect the changes in the uterus and not the other way round. progression of ovarian changes has nothing to do with the presence or absence of the uterus.
Thanks for your question and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.