Ask a Urologist   »  

Had hysterectomy, bladder repair. Developed cold, pressure in bladder. Can I get prolapse of bladder again?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have a hysterectomy 5 wks ago and bladder repair all went very well until I developed a cold during past few days which has caused pressure in my bladder from coughing can I get prolapse of bladder again from same am really worried.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 55 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
I dont know which exactly bladder repair procedure was done,but whatever it is, it should be enough to keep your badder in place during coughing. 5 weeks is enough for almost full tissue recovery. Also, hysterectomy is positive for all this because after uterus removal your intraabdominal pressure is lower then normally and there is less bladder compressing during coughing,sneezing or exercise. SO you shouldnt be concerned at all.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help