Had hysterectomy and estrogen is low. Having malabsorption from Endo surgeries. Should I be worried?

Hello,I had a hsyterectomy when I was 40,in 1998. I was wondering since my estrogen is low,it is 17.I don't do well with patches,my body does not absorb it .And I don't want pill.Since I have malabsirbtion from so many Endo surgeries.I was thinking go of going with pellets.What di you think about those. XXXXXXX XXXX
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pellet therapy is considered safe and effective

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

The use of pellets to deliver hormone is consider a safe and effective solution to a hormone deficiency. The system of delivery is consider quite similar to the body's natural mechanism itself.

Pellet therapy is especially recommended in those women who do not do well on other forms of hormone replacement and those who are worried about the increased risk of cancer. This mode of delivery is identical to the natural form and thus carries a much lower risk of cancer.

I would advice you to go ahead with the same. Hope this information helps. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.