Had hysterectomy and bladder repair. Noticed small bulge in vagina. Is it cystocele?

Question
hi I have had a hysterectomy 12 years ago and a bladder repair. I noticed that I have a small egg shaped bulge in my vagina. is it a cystocele?
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 43 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,

There can be many possibilities for this bulge in your vagina.It can be due to recurrence of prolapse of some genital organ including cystocele, rectocele, enterocele or prolapse of vault itself.

It can be due to some vaginal wall cyst also. With this much history and without examination, its not possible for anyone to make a correct diagnosis.

In my opinion, you should get a gynecological examination done by a gynecologist to find your exact problem.

Good luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Had hysterectomy and bladder repair. Noticed small bulge in vagina. Is it cystocele? 31 minutes later
Dr. XXXXXXX

My mom was just diagnosed with uterine cancer. If not a cystocele, could this bulge be cancerous?

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for the follow up.

Uterine cancer has some hereditary role. As your uterus has already been removed that too for prolapse, there are very less chances of uterine cancer in your case. But, cancerous growth of vaginal wall may be a possilbility which cannot be diagnosed without examination and biopsy.

WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Had hysterectomy and bladder repair. Noticed small bulge in vagina. Is it cystocele? 27 hours later
Dr. XXXXXXX

I have made an appointment with a gynecologist for August 2.

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 10 minutes later
Hello XXXXX,

That is a very good decision on your part. I hope everything will come out to be good.

Wish you a very good luck.

If you find any difficulty,you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW