Had hysterectomy. Having pain and discomfort in pelvic area. What could this be?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I had a hysterectomy 30 yrs. ago when I was 40 yrs. old. I never was pain free but now have a lot of pain/discomfort from my rib cage to my pelvic area and down both sides of my torso. It moves from one place to another in that area. I have read that myofascial release therapy is the tx of choice. I don't seem to have any intestinal issues. I just hurt somewhere in my torso most of the time and am walking slower every year. What is your opinion?
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 57 minutes later
Thanks for writing in .
Taking into consideration your age I would suggest that you get a ultrasound of the complete abdomen including the pelvis done. The purpose is to be on the safer side to rule out any intraabdominal problem.
Having rule that out the only possible cause for these symptoms could be degenerative changes in the spine. To ascertain that the investigations would be a radiological evaluation supported by bone density and vitamin D /calcium levels in the blood.
If any abnormality is picked up it can be corrected by supplemental treatment.
If no abnormality is detected then a neuro-orthopaedic examination is necessary to look for any neurological deficits. If required at a particular site a MRI may also be done.
If this component is also ruled out then food supplements predominantly neurotropic vitamins and regular exercising under the guidance of a physiotherapist is all that is required.
I hope this answers your query.