Had humira. Suggestion?

I have been put on Humira for RA. Today was supposedly my fourth injection but the first time I had to give it to myself alone. Just as I was reading the instructions again, my husband reminded me that we had to go somewhere and I needed to be ready in 10 minutes. That flustered me. I said I had to have my injection but he didn't respond so I was in a hurry. I held the pen the wrong way round and it went into my finger. It hurt but I counted to 10 thinking "well it is in me" but when I pulled it away - and it was hard to pull it out of my finger, it was still spraying the injection everywhere.
My question is, "Will some of it have gone in?" and can I get another pen somehow to put it in correctly? I have two more repeats left on my script. I rang the pharmacist and she said maybe I should wait just a week before the next one but I am worried that it will muck up my program of blood tests and rheumatologist vis
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Hi Marg,

I have read your query with diligence. Accidents do happen. You seem to have injected the drug Humira into your finger unknowingly. I do understand when you say a part of it was well within you.

Yes, some of it would have entered your finger but that would not be sufficient. Moreover, this is not the route of administration of the drug.

Yes, you need to get another pen and follow the right route of administration. I do not agree with the pharmacist to wait for a week. In my opinion, you should repeat another dose of Humira now.

I hope this helps you.