Had hit on scrotum and penis. Getting irritation, hot, red and painful. Any cure?

I have like ths intense attacks of my scrotum and pennies ( private parts) hot, red irritation and painful. I use an ice bag to over the area to minimizes the pain.
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 11 hours later
There is a possibility that you might be having an acute attack of epididymo-orchitis which basically is an inflammation of your testes and surrounding structures, usually caused by a bacterial infection, often noted with local redness, pain and tenderness. When you do have these attacks, it would be useful to get an ultrasound examination of testes at the least. You might also need a urine examination and if required a urine culture and sensitivity test because most infections of testes come from urinary tract.
Scrotal support is beneficial - make sure the testes do not hang loosely -it will worsen discomfort. Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs will be of help in cases of bacterial infection.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Follow-up: Had hit on scrotum and penis. Getting irritation, hot, red and painful. Any cure? 10 hours later
I went to see a XXXXXXX medicine doctor, and he prescribe ciprofloxacin XXXXXXX 500mf.
I being using it for the last three days but I don't think it's working. By the way this health problem I have being dealing w/ it for over 5 years had different pain levels. It's worst went a seat.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 4 hours later
Yes, It looks like your XXXXXXX medicine physician also suspected the same, and usually Ciprofloxacin is reasonably effective, and therefore if you have persistent discomfort, you should get a scan of your scrotum.
Basically if the scan is normal, you can be reassured that there is no major issue, and sometimes you might need neuro-analgesics like amitryptilline or pregabalin. Local warmth or alternatively cold packs do help, and in anxious patients, we have advised sitz baths - sitting half submerged in a tub of tepid to lukewarm water and being relaxed. Also you can try relaxation exercises like Tai Chi or Yoga.