Had hit on head, started bleeding, feeling fullness in ear and headache. Worried about blood clots

Hi. I am a keen walker. Yesterday I was dodging nettles and walked uphill straight into a huge branch. It hit the top of my head and there was bleeding on top of my head. I haven't been sick or lost consciousness but it was a very bad blow. My headaches since come in waves and move down the left side of my head too even though the injury was to the top of my head. I have a feeling of fullness in my left ear since. I am worried about blood clots, swelling or bleeding between layers surrounding the brain.
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

I would recommend a visit to doctor in your case.Any head injury should be clinical evaluated, even if it is just precautionary.

Doctor might want to get a CT scan done.Fullness in ear can be due to bleed in XXXXXXX ear.

So this needs to be investigated to be sure there was no XXXXXXX injury.