Had hit on eyebrow. Have a black eye on the eyelid. Is it safe to have journey?

I hit my eyebrow on a wall the 5 days ago on holidays. I have a black eye on the eyelid but nil swelling now. I am flying today for 3 1/2 hours just wondering if it safe
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
A black eye is a relatively common result of injury to the face or the head, caused when blood and other fluids collect in the space around the eye; swelling and dark discoloration result-hence, the name "black eye XXXXXXX

Most black eyes are relatively minor injuries. Many heal on their own in a few days; however, sometimes they signify a more serious injury.

Despite the name, "black eye XXXXXXX the eye itself is not usually injured. The tissues around the eye may be significantly discolored and swollen without any injury to the eye itself. Think of it as a bruise around the eye.

If there is no pain,no vision problem,no nausea or vomiting,no sign of lethargy or forgetfulness, no behavioral changes or dizziness then it is non serious and you can travel by air.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.