Had hit on eye and swelling appeared. Used ice on it. Is the head cold damaging something in eye?

Hi, my name is XXXXXX and when I opened my car door the corner of the door hit my eye and it swelled up. I put ice on it and it went down, but now i feel like i have a head cold. Is the head cold from me damaging something in my eye?
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

I would like to know a little more in order to come to a better conclusion
1. Are you having any trouble seeing?
2. Is the eye red ?
3. Is the head pain only around the region where you have applied ice pack?
4. It would be ideal if you could attach the picture of the eye so that I can examine it.

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply