Had hit on back of head. Tender to touch. Should I be worried about anyerism or hemorrhaging?

Hi I'm really worried. I hit the back of my head on concrete 4 days ago exactly and it's still tender when I touch it, but I'm also dizzier than usual. Should I be worried about anyerism or hemmoraging at this point?
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Did you fell unconscious after the injury, had Ear/nasal bleed, repeated vomiting?
If not just stay relax for now. localized tenderness could be due to collection below scalp.
Post head injury dizziness is common. This is due to violent shaking of brain and nerve roots of ear canal during the impact. you can take prochlorperazine 5 mg for next 2-3 days in consultation with GP.
If it is severe with spinning around, vomiting, worsening of headache then only visit ER and get yourself evaluated and if indicated they will do CT head scan.
For now just relax for a day or two.

Best wishes,
Follow-up: Had hit on back of head. Tender to touch. Should I be worried about anyerism or hemorrhaging? 12 hours later
No, I was not unconscious nor had ear or nose bleed/ vomiting.
Thank you, hopefully it will go away soon
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 36 hours later
Sorry for delay in responding. I was busy due to some critical cases.
Don't worry. You will get well soon. If this vertigo/spinning persist, consult your local physician he will give you short course of medications.

Best Wishes,