Had hit leg on shin area and had indent and lump on it. Told to be lipoma. What to do?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I hit my leg on the shin area a year ago. Still today there is an indent and a lump above it. I was told it was lipoma and went to a sugeon who said it's just my leg. This isn't just my leg it has happens when I hit it hard and it just has never gone away. Can you please help me
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get an X-ray of leg done.

Detailed Answer:

The appearance of a painless swelling on the shin could be due to a soft tissue swelling like lipoma. Shin splints is also a possibility which needs to be ruled out after a proper examination.

I suggest you to get an X-ray of leg done. It will determine whether the bones are involved or not.

There is feature to upload X-rays/reports. You can utilise that so that I can help you in better ways.