Had hit head and top of nose. Had swelling and bruised eyes and bump on head. Suggest?

Hi there

Three weeks ago I fell over hitting my head and top of my nose very hard onto a table, I had swelling and my eyes were bruised for about a week. I still have a bump on my head which hasn't gone down, is this something I need to get checked out?

Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Warm compression daily. Don't worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX, Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Your history of injury suggests that the swelling is haematoma.

The swelling will take its time to reduce. This is most probably due to clotting of blood under the skin. Keep giving warm compression 3-4 times a day for 10 minutes each.

I will be little concerned if you develop infection. Keep looking for any symptoms like increasing pain, redness, warmth and increasing size of swelling. Otherwise no need to worry.

Hope this clarified your query. Feel free to ask if any related query.

Wish you good health.